"...always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." 
Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Building Muscle

This post is specifically for women.  Please don't be afraid to build muscle.  So many people I work with will say "I just want to be toned, I don't want to have muscles".  Then they will quickly look at me and then say, "well, I mean, you look good and all, but....."  :) 

Ladies, in order to become toned you need to grow muscle.  No, you don't have to be bulky, unfeminine, tough.  Did you know the more muscle tissue you have the higher your resting metabolic rate is?  Your resting metabolic rate is the amount of daily energy you expend at rest, the number of calories you burn just staying alive.  Because of our natural hormone levels, it is nearly impossible for women to gain too much muscle.  Believe me, that would take ALOT of work, a specific diet, and maybe even some help from specific suppliments.  Muscle tissue is a good thing.  Work for it, embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment